Re: perlpod conversion

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: perlpod conversion
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 19:25:49 +0200

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 04:05:00PM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:
>     It would be a bit redundant with http://perldoc.perl.org/,
>
> Ah, I didn't notice they were distributing full html+pdf now.  Ok, in
> that case, I think we should just provide Info (and Texinfo :).  Don't
> want to "compete" with them.
>
>     Maybe we should wait for the issue above to be fixed in Pod::Simple,
>     however?
>
> Is there any ETA?  Is there even recognition that it is a bug to be
> fixed?  I got the impression from your previous message that there was
> little interest in the issues.

There is no ETA, but there is definitive interest in this bug, the
Pod::Simple maintainer even asked for feedback on the pod-people list:

It is the other issue, with links, that, although it was discussed, was
not settled.  So I think that we should not wait for that second issue
to be solved.

>     So, I'd propose chopping names at 250
>
> Sounds good.

In fact, the issue is only for file names, so no disambiguating counter
is needed, but there needs to be some space left for the file extension.
So I settled to

'BASEFILENAME_LENGTH'  => 255 - 10

--
Pat