Re: avoiding differences between TeX and other formats at beginning

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: avoiding differences between TeX and other formats at beginning
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 21:19:35 GMT

I'm not sure.  I'll have to study your message.

Regarding the manual in general, the bulk of it remains as written in
the 1980s by Bob Chassell, when DVI and Info were the only output
formats (and plain text, as a poor relation).  His writing style is very
different from mine.  As I said, I've mostly tried to fix things that
have become outright wrong, rather than change the overall approach.

I doubt we want to do a thorough overhaul of it now, which would surely
delay everything by yet more months.

Will write more when I can.