Re: kbd and similar command within code

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: kbd and similar command within code
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 21:02:09 GMT

      'no change in font' => no quote
      'change in font from normal text to monospace' => quotes

    Which translates to @code in normal text, or in @r gets quotes, but not
    when directly in @code or @example!

In HTML or Info?  The two format should be (it seems to me) handled
completely differently.  I was talking about HTML in that message.

What you wrote is the right rule for Info, because there is no concept
of "font".

But for HTML, like TeX, we can distinguish by font, and therefore quotes
should only be used for "sample" texts (@samp and @indicateurl).  In
other cases, the switch to tt font is enough to distinguish.  (I have no
idea about Docbook.)  Make sense?

Anyway, like I said, I don't think it's very important what the results
are for @code directly inside @code.  Nobody needs that, in practice.

Thanks,