Re: a new command that converts XML Texinfo to Texinfo

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: a new command that converts XML Texinfo to Texinfo
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 12:48:14 +0200

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 04:54:38PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     What should that command be named?  I currently use texixml2texi, but
>     I am not sure it is wise to use once more the texi* name.
>
> I think the name is fine.  I understand the hesitation about "texi", but
> nothing better comes to mind ...

Ok.

>     I intend to put the command in util/, any objection?
>
> 1) will it be runnable out of util (in the source hier)?

What do you mean by hier?  Anyway for now, it may only be run from the
util/ directory, but it would be easy to also search for the Texinfo
modules in the correct directory and have some substitution to get
the directory right, as is done with texi2any.pl, certainly with a
texixml2texi.pl which would be the primary file.

> 2) do you think it should be installed in bindir?

Maybe, but the issue is that XML::LibXML::Reader needs to be installed
then, so maybe add a special target or leave it to the packagers?

--
Pat