Re: check with htmlxref.cnf?

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: check with htmlxref.cnf?
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 23:52:30 +0200

On Sat, Sep 08, 2012 at 04:22:17PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> Patrice - would it be crazy to have an option like --check-htmlxref
> which would check that every cross-manual xref is included in
> htmlxref.cnf?  That would give a way for people to know if their HTML is
> going to have broken links.  Wdyt?

I would have prefered a separate script, but I also don't want to
duplicate the code that determines htmlxref.cnf files locations.  Also
something independent of HTML would have been nice, but it is certainly
not that obvious to catch all the xrefs since there are refs to
external nodes in menus and node lines too.

So I'll implement that as a side effect of HTML formatting.  Would you
prefer that there are warning generated, or the problematic manual names
be put in a file?

--
Pat