Re: tree_transformations

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: tree_transformations
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 00:19:13 +0100

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 06:38:54PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
>     @item TREE_TRANSFORMATIONS
>     The associated value is a comma separated list of transformations
>     applied to the Texinfo tree prior to outputting the result.
>
> Which are applied by default, if any?

None, but in case of move_index_entries_after_items it is always done
for some formats, as said in the documentation.  And I found the reason
for those formats in a mail, simply because it wouldn't make a
difference for the other formats.

>     @item move_index_entries_after_items
>     In @code{@@enumerate} and @code{@@itemize}, move index entries
>     appearing just before @code{@@item} after the @code{@@item}.
>
> Also relevant to @item's inside @table?  (I hope.)

No, only @itemize and @enumerate.  The cvs entry says:

 Move index entries appearing right before an @item in @enumerate
 and @itemize right after the @item.  Reprot from Joel Sherrill and
 request from Karl.

And in the corresponding thread, I have reread that I didn't like it so
I didn't overdo it...

I could do the same for @table, but the situation is a bit different,
as it is more natural to have the index entry right after the @item.
And for the implementation, it may be a bit more complicated, because
there is the possibility of @itemx.  But if you think that it is
important, I can do something similar for @table.