Re: dtd version

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: dtd version
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:27:14 GMT

    each change of the DTD means a need to regenerate test case results,

I kind of figured.

    So I think that I would prefer if you did _not_ put the dtd file on
    the internet for the pretest...

Ok.

    In most cases, the DTD should be in a frozen state when entering pretest
    phases.

Totally unconvinced about that.  I see nothing magical which makes the
DTD frozen.  Changes could happen at any time.  We could easily add a
new command between now and the final release.  But whatever, it doesn't
matter.

As a separate question, I don't much like the version number "5.00".
We've never used that two-digit convention.  Our final version isn't
going to be 5.00, but 5.0.  (Perhaps it would have been better to use
two digits from the beginning, but I'm not much inclined to change that
now.)

However, since we won't be putting it on the Internet :), I guess we can
change this at our leisure.  Going ahead with the next pretest.