pod2texi and X<>

From: Karl Berry
Subject: pod2texi and X<>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 01:36:14 GMT

Hi Patrice - hope you had a good trip/vacation/whatever.

Thanks for messing with all the messages.  I'll make a new pretest shortly.

I've been working on finalizing the Texinfo version of the Perl docs
(framework checked in, though errors likely remain), for purposes of
pod2texi documentation/example/etc.

One minor thing I noticed is that pod2texi does not skip pod's X<>
keywords when determining the filename/menu name/etc.  This makes things
rather less readable than otherwise. For example, perldebug.pod starts with:

  =head1 NAME
  X<debug> X<debugger>

  perldebug - Perl debugging

  =head1 DESCRIPTION

and thus pod2texi makes NAME_debug_debugger.texi rather than
perldebug.texi.  (Likewise for perldata, perlfunc, and others.)

Clearly it's not imperative, but if it's feasible to fix, it would be
nice.  I took a quick look but ...

Thanks,
Karl