Re: sidebar in docbook

From: Dumas Patrice
Subject: Re: sidebar in docbook
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 11:59:49 +0200

On Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 05:02:27PM +0300, Aharon Robbins wrote:

> Also, I really like the idea of semantic markup, and providing these
> things for authors, is IMHO, a Good Thing.

Well, there is a balance between precision and simplicity.  For
instance, I couldn't map the Texinfo @author in @titlepage to a DocBook
<author>, because DocBook mandatorily requires a firstname and surname.
I prefer Texinfo simplicity here, even though if it is at the expense
of more possiblity to extract precise metadata.  We could propose
some sets of macro (if they do not unveil bugs in Texinfo TeX macro
handling...), in texinfo or m4 (or whatever) to help authors, though,
and match DocBook constructs, but I doubt many would use that.

For example

@ifdocbook
@macro docbook-author{firstname, surname}
@docbook