Re: sidebar in docbook

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: sidebar in docbook
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 00:16:59 GMT

Hi Arnold,

    I'd like to hear your thoughts about adding more documentation elements
    that are specific to books, like @preface, @foreward, @dedication,
    which have exact analogues in docbook.

I answered this in one of my messages yesterday.  I don't see a need for
@preface because
@node Preface
@unnumbered Preface
can serve the same purpose, in a simpler way, it seems to me.  We can
and should map that to <preface> in the Docbook output.  Sound
reasonable?

    Or do you feel like Texinfo has as much markup as it needs and moving
    it closer to docbook isn't necessary?

I answered this too.  I'm happy to consider any new feature, but I want
to consider each on its own merits, rather than be driven by something as
general as "be closer to docbook".

Thanks,
Karl