Re: "special" spaces in Texinfo parsing and output

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: "special" spaces in Texinfo parsing and output
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 10:20:48 +0200

On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 05:23:16PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:

>     but should the spaces with ^L that ends up in ignorable space text
>     container be tagged especially?
>
> The only reason I can think of to do so is if we want to be able to
> recreate the input, ^L's and all.  I'm not sure if that's a goal of
> yours.  It's not critical IMHO.  Or maybe you've solved it another way.

It is a goal, for some backends, notably Convert/Texinfo.pm,
Convert/TexinfoXML.pm, Convert/TexinfoSXML.pm.  But in those case, all
the 'ignorable' spaces are already output, so nothing is lost and all
the form-feed will end up in the output (though hopefully escaped, if
not I have to correct that).

--
Pat