Re: Current trunk fails to build on MS-Windows

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Current trunk fails to build on MS-Windows
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 23:45:04 GMT

    A bigger obstacle to changing texindex than the requirement for gawk
    4.0 is understanding TexiWeb Jr, as well as Texinfo and awk.

I guess I'm not the best person to comment, but for anyone who has
exposure to the concept of literate programming at all, or is willing to
take the source at face value, it seems self-explanatory; hardly an
obstacle at all.  (Understanding all the crazy mallocs and data
structures in texindex.c was a much bigger obstacle in practice, for me
anyway.)

In short, changing the code doesn't mean anything more than changing the
awk, and changing the doc doesn't mean anything more than changing the
Texinfo, and running make.  (In general, I mean; given proper tool
versions, etc.)