texinfo pretest

From: Karl Berry
Subject: texinfo pretest
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 21:50:58 GMT

Hi Nelson - we expect the current Texinfo pretest to be essentially the
same as what we'll release as texinfo-6.0 in a few days.  Maybe you
could give it a test run on some of your systems?

http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/texinfo/texinfo-5.9.92.tar.xz

Most likely problems:
1) texindex has been rewritten in awk, thanks to Arnold (Robbins).  It's
intended to be completely portable to anything outside of a museum, but
has not been all that widely tested.

2) Standalone Info has been substantially rewritten and now has numerous
nontrivial tests, thanks to my colleague/co-maintainer Gavin Smith.
There might be platform bugs in either the code or the tests.

Thanks,
Karl