Re: texi2any Perl module search path

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: texi2any Perl module search path
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 21:01:34 +0100

On 29 July 2015 at 18:46, Gavin Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm just getting my thoughts together here, but maybe someone will
> have something to add.
>
> I was thinking about the search path for Perl modules for texi2any and
> its tests.  When I had to add the directory/-ies holding the
> XSParagraph files, I had to add them to quite a few places, for
> example tp/tests/run_parser_all.sh. It would be nice to be able to
> centralize the alterations to the module search path somehow - like
> tp/t/test_utils.pl already does for most of the tests. It would make
> changing module locations easier to do correctly.

One dimension of this question is the USE_EXTERNAL_LIBINTL Autoconf
output variable and similar, controlling whether to use a
separately-installed module. As far as I can tell, this choice is only
heeded by the texi2any program, but not by any of the tests, or
anywhere else. I think this could be changed