Re: [Texmacs-dev] Online documentation

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Online documentation
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:02:43 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Stéphane Payrard wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 10:32:00PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> >
> > Using TeXmacs-1.0.0.2 the online documentation is now available at
> >
> >     http://www.gnu.org/software/texmacs-doc/index.en.tm
> >
> > from inside TeXmacs.
> >
> > Please tell me if you need write access to the CVS directory.
> > As a first task, we should adapt all existing documentation to
> > the new format (help + tutorial + French & Romanian translations).
> > Nevertheless, I will still support Stephane's French translations
> > in the old format until we have a program which automatically
> > compiles books out of the online documentation.
> >

> I may write a perl script that do just that if the documentation is
> staightforward.

Well, since the documentation is in TeXmacs format,
it would rather be a guile-scheme script :^)
But that is good too, since that will allow you
to get familiar with scheme (I am sorry, but there
will certainly be no time to make Perl available as
an extension language in the near future).

> Once I get all the typos out using spell, I need David to proofread my
> translation. BTW.

The best thing would be to send us the conventional documentation
as an attached file and to adapt it for CVS on Savannah.

<Joris>