Re: [Texmacs-dev] Hey all

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Hey all
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:17:53 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, John Tapsell wrote:

> Hey all,
>   I've been hanging around on irc for a while, and many of you know me by
> now..
>
>   I was thinking, could we have another abstraction layer over the equation
> entering.  For example, have a type 'basic math' we just allowed
> 0-9,+,-,*,/,(,) and enforced when you open a bracket, you then close it, and
> stuff like that.
>
> Thoughts?

Hi John,

This should be done at the Guile/Scheme interface level.
In the next two/three months it is urgent to rationalize and
document the Guile/Scheme interface first. The idea is to
provide a clean set of basic editing commands which can be
combined to provide the functionnality that you are asking for.
Do you want to help on this issue?

Best wishes, Joris