[Texmacs-dev] Meetings around TeXmacs

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Meetings around TeXmacs
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:50:42 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all,

Next (school) year, I would like to organize a monthly TeXmacs
meeting at the university of Orsay near Paris, where developers
and users can meet. The purpose is double: share experiences
with users and give them hints on how to use the program,
as well as the presentation of novelties and discussions between
the developers about implementation issues and the strategy to follow.

Please tell me what you think about this idea. Is it worth it?
How many people might come? Which day should we choose
(people from the university might prefer week days,
but others might prefer saturday)? Do we need a projector
or will a laptop do? Etc.

Once a year, we might also try to organize a larger TeXmacs
meeting during holidays, and have some days of brain storming,
free beer (I prefer wine), and more fun. Again, it would be
good to know how many people might be interested by such
an initiative. I am afraid that I can not get any money
from my lab to pay anybody. Maybe in the future...

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor
http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~vdhoeven: personal homepage