Re: [Texmacs-dev] E- -> M-

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] E- -> M-
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 02:06:40 +0200

On Sunday 05 May 2002 18:56, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> I am adapting the documentation to the CVS site.
> Since we plan to rename (E- escape) as (M- meta),
> maybe I should do this right now, before having
> to change everything once again...
>
> Can you please confirm that such a change would be good?
> We would then have four principal modifiers:
>
> S- shift
> C- control
> A- alt
> M- meta       (escape, meta, or microsoft key)
>
> Please confirm as soon as possible...

Fine for me, actually I guess I was the one who pointed this out on the
Wiki.

May I add that Caps-lock may be a nice modifier key too.

For example it may be used to type small-caps text in natural languages
and uppercase in programming language, and maybe still other things in
other context. That prominent key is grossly underused in every
application.
--

                                  -- David --