Re: [Texmacs-dev] Projet name conflict

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Projet name conflict
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 22:31:15 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 12 May 2002, David Allouche wrote:

> My nerdy mom, who is discovering Unix through MacOS X, just pointed me to
> some project.
>
> The project is called iTeXMac and is... a TeTeX front end.
>
> http://www.u-bourgogne.fr/monge/j.laurens/iTeXMac/index.html
>
> One of them or us will have to change its name or there will be confusion.

We have to buy the TeXmacs trademark. Can someone find out how I can do this?

After that it seems reasonable to gently ask *them* to change the name;
I guess that TeXmacs is much older. If they do not want to change their name,
I don't care: I think that their projet is not very important anyway
(I only found 212 references when searching on Google against 11100 for
TeXmacs).