Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: SGI ?

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: SGI ?
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 18:57:04 +0200

On Friday 07 June 2002 12:40, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, C.Fanin wrote:
> >
> > I'm very sorry but it is impossible to give accounts to external
> > people. Of course I'd happy to contribute with my capabilities better
> > if helped from any yours developer.
>
> Thank you for your proposal for help. We will recontact you
> about this issue as soon as we have finished our major switch.
>
> David: are you willing to put this on your personal task list?

I am not very enthusiastic for working at making TeXmacs compile with
proprietary compilers. And unless I have an account on a machine with
said compiler I really cannot see how I could possibly do it.

Moreover I cannot figure out a situation where I could be possible to
compile and run TeXmacs locally, but impossible install a local g++...

However I can produce a configure script which accepts other compilers.
But if I were you, I would wait until TeXmacs is fixed and tested to
compile with g++-3.1, which is said to be much more standard compliant
than g++-2.95 which is currently the compiler of choice of TeXmacs. But I
would not hold my breath.

However, as an employer in a research institution, you might be
interested in employing me for this work...
--

                                  -- David --