Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: texmacs styles, and sessions

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: texmacs styles, and sessions
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:51:44 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 address@hidden wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
>
> > Yes; I assume that you currently use the mycas technique?
> > When you have a working interface, then I can add the necessary support
> > to the main TeXmacs distribution. After that, you may write your
> > own style file and scheme commands.
>
> I'm using the mycas example as a basis. I have uploaded the file to
> http://die.die.ms/avoozl/texmacs/dot_session.cc

OK. If you want, I can add a "dot" (or rather "graphviz") entry to
the extern systems for TeXmacs. By the way, if you use extern files,
then it may be a good idea to use standard temporary files and delete them.

If I have time, then I might also implement a "black box" facility,
with the capacity of delegating typesetting to an extern system.
In a first stage, this will not be interactive, but it might be
nice for graphviz. I plan to reuse the standard interface techniques
used for cas' in order to do so. In other words, you may reuse what
you have done so far.

> > > (snip) about the printer script
> > Yes, please put this online or send it as an attached file to me.
> >
> > In fact, we have the plan to add more command line tools for conversions.
> > One good TeXmacs command line option would be to let it execute a scheme
> > file and die. The new tendency is also to write as much of the converters
> > as possible in scheme; this will allow you to do certain types of
> > conversions (independent from the typesetter) without launching TeXmacs.
> > However, we did not find time yet to implement all this.
>
> I've used a rather 'clean' workaround for this, as you can see from the
> script that I've uploaded to:
> http://die.die.ms/avoozl/texmacs/texmacs-printer.scm

Thanks; this seems cool. I probably should add a facility to
specify optional arguments on the command line, which should allow
you to clean things up a little bit. For instance, this would allow
you to write

        texmacs -b texmacs-printer.scm -[ *.tm -]

and retrive the arguments a list, using a dedicated function
which has to be added as a scheme primitive. I don't know when
I will have time for this, so you actually may want to do this yourself.
After such a cleaning up, I would be happy to include your script in
the main distribution. Don't forget to add license information if
you would like this to happen.

Yours, Joris