Re: [Texmacs-dev] landscape, printed to ps file, transformed to pdf

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] landscape, printed to ps file, transformed to pdf
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 1934 13:04:01 +0100

On Monday 08 July 2002 11:32, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Friedrich Laher wrote:
> >
> > when I print a A4 landscape texmacs file to a postscript file and
> > then use ps2pdf to make a pdf from the postscriptfile, the result
> > is displayed by the acrobatreader rotated by 90°.

I failed to reproduce this problem using

  -- TeXmacs-1.0 (as well as the latest 1.0.0.9 unstable version)

  -- GNU Ghostscript 6.53 (gs is the core of ps2pdf)

  -- Acrobat Reader 4.0

All on a Debian/Woody system.

It looks like the problem is ps2pdf or AcrobatReader. Maybe you should
have a look at the ghostscript documentation to find an option to use
to get the correct result. Maybe "-dORIENT1=false" could help.

What are the versions of the software on your system? If you are using
an older ghostscript suite or acroread I would recommend updating your
distribution.

--

                                  -- David --