Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs & Qt & Perl & POE

From: Stéphane Payrard
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs & Qt & Perl & POE
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:23:09 +0200

On (05/10/02 15:15), Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs & Qt & Perl & POE
> Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 15:15:03 +0200 (MET DST)
>

> Some good news: Stéphane Payrard released a first experimental version
> of what is indicated in the title. See
>
>       http://nemo.mongueurs.net/
>
> Yours, Joris

I am currently writing a parser to convert the scheme file that
generate menus and bindings. The problem is not so much parsing
than to make sense of the logic behind the current scheme.

I like the way Qt does thing.  Qt works in term of actions.

An action defines what is done, the keybinding, the text for a menu
entry, the icon, tip (what you call balloon), status-tip (what appears
on the status bar when the mouse is over the icon/menu entry, sadly
missing from TeXmacs), whatthis. Tip, status-tip and whatsthis give
information on what is done by the action from the less verbose to
the most verbose.

An action can be added

What is not yet too clear to me is the scope of an action and how it
works with a stateful engine like TeXmacs. And really I want even more
state, I want TeXmacs to be either a browser and an editor.

You are talking about cleaning API. This is the time to do it for
menus. This is mostly orthogonal with the menu reorganisation

If I can correcly gather the information, I can spit it in any format
including scheme with a clearer API

--
 stef