[Texmacs-dev] Re: Examples, clones

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Examples, clones
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:16:44 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Michèle Garoche wrote:
> Each time I try to load the first three examples, Texmacs crashes.
> Maybe because too much fonts are loaded, though as I'm on Mac with
> system 10, it's a bit strange. Possibly X11 or texmacs allocates memory
> as in old system 9?

This is strange; did anyone else encounter this bug?

> When I load say two files one  in English, another in French, clone the
> window so that I can see the French and English ones at the same time,
> modify one file , then close one of the window, Texmacs quits without
> asking for saving unsaved files. This behaviour is not the one I get
> when there is only one window.

I could not reproduce this bug either.
Are you sure that you closed the window, not TeXmacs?

> Already signalled. Splendid crash when trying to load full manuals.

I cannot reproduce this bug either...
Maybe the Fink package has some particularities?

Notice that if you *compile* your own manuals, then you should be careful
that all links are valid: otherwise you may get a crash, since I did not
have time yet to make the documentation compiler very user friendly.