Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Zope objects through TeXmacs.

From: David
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Zope objects through TeXmacs.
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 22:03:42 +0100

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 03:31:00PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> > Do google: ExternalEditor and download "zopeedit", a client application
> > which must be installed in /usr/local/bin (it's a simple python script).
> > If you use windows (I know you don't) there's a dumb installer which I
> > have not tested.
> >
> > Then you bind the mimetype application/x-zope-edit to
> > /usr/local/bin/zopeedit.py in mozilla or whatever browser you use
> > (tested: galeon, mozilla). Then you go to
> >
> > http://alqua.com/tmresources/tmdocs/manage
> >
> > and click in the small pencil at the side of ivt.tm (a paper by Joris
> > which is being used as the test document). You should be prompted what
> > program you want to use for opening it. Obviously, texmacs.

Actually, the only thing I had trouble with (except my lack of
confidence which made me read at least *part* of the documentation)
was figuring out I had to install python-tk (on my laptop, I know it
is also required for Andrey's dictool) and what are the right helper
options for Galeon (do not check "Run in terminal" or "Processes
URL").

Once all of that was right, I had no trouble (I have not tried
modifying the document yet, and alqua.com is refusing connections
again).

That feature would be very nice if it can be integrated with CVS. But
considering the reliability problems we have been experiencing with
tmresources, I do not think we should use it for core tasks.

Still, it could already provide an appreciable added value if it can be
configured to use an external CVS (on Savannah)... But I think the
whole thing is going to be too complicated to be administrated easily
on your side.

> I got this to work, except that the ivt.tm paper gives me an error:
>
>       Fatal error: No active view in 'tm_server_rep::get_meta'

Some user already complained about this error before, but I think that
was not fixed because we could not reproduce it. Now that you have a
way to reproduce the problem maybe you could fix it.

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org