Re: [Texmacs-dev] native and GPL port of QT to win32

From: Dan Martens
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] native and GPL port of QT to win32
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 08:42:05 -0500

Hello David,

My name is Dan Martens, I am the developer that is currently porting texmacs to
windows.
Just to reassure you, the way that we are currently undertaking this project is
by far the least damaging to the current texmacs code.  Very little code has
been changed, and what has been changed is merely syntax, or file system
pathing.  There section involvind texmacs forking and piping a child STDIN,
STDOUT had to be changed considerably due to the inherent differences between
Windows and Unix regarding processes.  We are instead rewriting all the
underlying system calls that texmacs makes, including X11 calls.  It will not
be a full rewrite of X, but just the necessary functions to get it working.  So
far, so good.  We have the startings of a window up, which is excellent news.
All other aspects of the program, including GUILE, and TEX interfacing are
working so far.
Anyways, if you would like to contact me directly, or you have any other
questions etc.  You can reach me at address@hidden

Dan