Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for version 1.0.1.3

From: david
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for version 1.0.1.3
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 14:07:55 +0100

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 01:34:03PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> 1045: Rejected
>   You should use a customized init-texmacs.scm file

That is exactly what this patch is for.

Without this patch I see no simple way to define preferences in
my-init-texmacs because 'pre-initialize-preferences' drops anything
which is not in the default preferences. The
'pretend-save-preferences' modification is meant to fix that problem.

I do not consider that completely overriding init-texmacs.scm is a
correct solution because it requires maintenance every time
init-texmacs.scm is changed in the distribution even if the change is
not related to preferences handling.

Also the included macros make it much easier and robut to define new
preferences in my-init-texmacs.

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org