[Texmacs-dev] http://www.texmacs.org/Data/TeXmacs.pdf

From: Salman Khilji
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] http://www.texmacs.org/Data/TeXmacs.pdf
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:32:05 -0700

The document:

http://www.texmacs.org/Data/TeXmacs.pdf

seems to claim that it was written with TeXmacs (it would be shame with the
TeXmacs author himself used TeX or LaTeX to create it)

I noticed, however,  that in the document properties in acrobat viewer it
mentioned that it was created using PDFTEX.

Usually when you create a postscript with TeXmacs, it has bitmapped fonts.
Converting it to a PDF file usually results in ugly and unreadable fonts on
scrren. Doing some reading over the net I found that what you really need to
do is use Type 1 fonts when you intend to create a PDF file.  They also have
some instructions on how to do it with TeX.

From the quality of the above PDF file it seems that it is using Type 1 fonts,
and not Type 3 fonts.  Can someone please tell me what you need to do to a
TeXmacs file to create a high quality PDF file?  Maybe Joris can explain this
since he is the one who created it.

Salman