Responder: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Responder: Re: TeXmacs Powered CAS document

From: offray . luna
Subject: Responder: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Responder: Re: TeXmacs Powered CAS documentation
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 13:38:17 -0500

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
De: David Allouche <address@hidden>
Fecha: Martes, Julio 8, 2003 6:27 am

> What is Systrans?

Is a software for translations, but is propietary. I used a long, long
time ago, before Free Software carried the light to my life :) , but
this have some kind of system to asociate a paragraph in the original
version to the translated one.

> In TeXmacs, the current philosophy is to implement sectioning in very
> small files, each of which contains only a single documentation
> "page"... but you already know that since you have worked on the
> spanish translation of TeXmacs online manual.
>
> I do not know a good tool to help work with translations. I have seen
> the KDE folks use the .po tools over SGML, maybe this approach could
> be relevant here too.
>
> Another approach might be using external XML data (mostly XLink) to
> record the page boundaries which are used in the texmacs
> documentation. An automated tool could then split the upstream
> documentation in small xhtml documents, each one associated with a
> texmacs documentation page.
>
> This approach, however, would require a very significant initial
> investement to create the sectioning data, and would probably also
> require quite a bit of maintenance.
> --
>                                                            -- ddaa

All this approaches seem fine to me. I will also talk with the people of
hispalinux (wich have relationship with the translation of various Linux
related docs) about the tools they're using for translation.

Thanks,

Offray