Re: wiki traffic (was Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs web site)

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: wiki traffic (was Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs web site)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 21:11:34 +0200

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 07:26:07PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> I propose that we discuss this issue as soon as our new web-site
> will be functional. It might also be nice to ask Stephane, David, etc.
> for their opinions, because they invested quite an amount of time
> in the wiki in the past.

I think the Wiki should be made private now, because it is just a big
outdated thing. And outdated information does more harm than good.

There are a lot of buglist/wishlist items I would like to see migrated
to Savannah, but since they are really old, they must be re-checked for
relevance, so this is quite a big job.

Also I have put there a couple of useful documentation pages, but
nothing I could not put in the documentation if I had a few days to
spare and something less anoying to use than CVS.

There is still room for a Wiki, but the current one should go away.

Stéphane seems to be the only person still maintaining the wiki (that is
updating the version number on the front page from time to time).

--
                                                            -- ddaa