[Texmacs-dev] References to image files in included documents

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] References to image files in included documents
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 00:16:21 -0400

TeXmacs Users;

I am using TeXmacs version 1.0.2 (RPM) on RedHat 8.0.

I have a bunch of smaller tm files, some of which
contain linked images (Insert/Image/Link image...).
These files are distribued in groups of 10 or so
among several sub-directories.

I would like to create one master 'tm' file which
includes each of the smaller files included via
(Link/Include...). But I have a problem. The files
are include alright, but the references to the linked
images are no longer relative to the location of the
included file! Instead they are treated as relative
to the new master file. As a result the individual
files display the images ok, but when included in
the master file the images that they contain are no
longer found.

I do not want to write absolute file names because
then users who download my files and store then in
a location on their system that is different than mine
will not be able to access any of the image files.

Also, although I would like to use the (Insert/Image/
Insert image...) menu option instead of the (Insert/
Image/Link image...) so that the image is actually
included in the smaller document rather than just linked,
I have a separate problem with this. (See previous
message to texmacs-users.)

I think TeXmacs behaviour with respect to the relative
image file names is wrong. It should be relative to
the location of the included file, not the master file.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone
know of a work-around?

Thanks.

Bill Page.