Re: [Texmacs-dev] GNU FSL and Debian FDL conflict

From: Ralf Treinen
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] GNU FSL and Debian FDL conflict
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:07:23 +0200

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 05:43:16PM -0400, Alvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:

> I have followed a bit the issue (though the threads of the Branden
> Robinson - RMS conflict get a bit flamy) and are concerned about the
> consequences, since Alqua has published GFDL'd documents.

I gave up since a long time to follow this discussion. The archives of
the debian-legal archives are full of it, you may have a look at the
archives of the last months in http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/
if you don't have any other plans for the rest of the week :-)

> At this stage there should be some people in a committee trying to get
> to something reasonable. I agree with David in that what Debian does is
> *really* important, at the level of the FSF. So, what to do?

It seems that such a committee is being formed:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200309/msg01309.html

Let's hope they will reach an agrreement.

-Ralf.