Re: [Texmacs-dev] New versioning scheme for stable versions

From: Ralf Treinen
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] New versioning scheme for stable versions
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:34:31 +0200

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 10:55:27AM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> > - uploading into the ftp area at savannah (if this possible?)
>
> I think so.

Maybe it is not worth the trouble asking for an account, after what
David said. Though it might help that I have a lot of signatures
from the community on my gpg key (but only one from gnu.org).

> In any case, it should be easy to find for people.

Yes. For this reason it might the easiest to upload to
texmacs.org, as Joris suggested. What has to be done in
order to get me an account there?

> > I just would like to keep uploading simple for me, for instance
> > a scp to a place where I can register the public part of my
> > ssh key. And I would like to restrict to only one place where
> > I upload by hand.
> >
> > Maybe I should ask on debian-users to see what people prefer?
>
> Yes.

If I manage to set up an apt-getable archive on ftp.texmacs.org
(I have to look into how to generate apt archives first) then
there is not much of a reasonable alternative to offer anyway.

In any case, there will be only the source package and a
binary package for the i*86 architecture (this would also
be true if I uploaded to the experimental distro).

-Ralf.