Re: [Texmacs-dev] howto compile ccvssh on a redhat 9 system

From: Philippe Audebaud
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] howto compile ccvssh on a redhat 9 system
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:04:06 +0100

Hi Andrea and *,

I found your mail very interesting, and I want to reply.

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 07:08:47PM +0100, Andreas Seidl wrote:

> maybe this helps someone:
>
> Compile ccvssh on RedHat9 (kerberos issue)
>
> 1. download and untar to, say, ~/ccvssh-0.9.1
>
> 2. modify a line in the file ~/ccvssh-0.9.1/src/Makefile.in such that
>    it reads:
>
> DEFAULT_INCLUDES = -I/usr/kerberos/include -I. -I$(srcdir) -I.
>
> 3. switch to directory ~/ccvssh-0.9.1 and execute ./configure
>
> 4. execute make
>
> 5. make install (root required)
>
> thanks go to Scott Klement who wrote
> http://archive.midrange.com/linux5250/200304/msg00015.html

It occurs that  the instructions you gave us are very  much specific. But one
may  consider other situations  where we  want to  provide *users*  with such
things.

So, using  TeXmacs session  facilities may come  handy wrt  such explanations
script.Actually, each command can be *replayed* under the editor.

That's what I did, following your mail (see the attachment).

At this point, I see two points :

* it is not possible (yet) to edit 'Makefile.in' within TeXmacs : the so
sensible ^I tabulation characters are changed.

* it could be interesting to keep the initial answers somehow, because it can
help  the user comparing  her execution  with the  provided model.  Don't you
think so ?  I obviously  think about tutorials, teachning scenari, etc. Ideas
on how to deal nicely with that point ?

--
Philippe Audebaud, INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles,
BP 93, 06902 Sophia-Antipolis Cedex, FRANCE

Tel.: +33 (0)4 9238 5051   Fax: +33 (0)4 9238 7765
http://www-sop.inria.fr/lemme/Philippe.Audebaud/