Re: [Texmacs-dev] a proposal for printing interval selection syntax

From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] a proposal for printing interval selection syntax
Date: 05 Nov 2003 14:43:39 -0500

Hi,

> On the one hand side I think that your proposal maybe nice
> for expert users. However, for novices, the status bar cannot contain
> sufficiently much information in order to explain the conventions.
> So the idea seems to be hard to implement in a nice way ...
> and ... I will probably not have time for this.

But now the only possibility is printing ranges, and that is easy to
tell to users (just put the dash by default between 1 and the number of
pages in the document). So we lose nothing for novices and we gain a lot
for medium-to-advanced users.

A couple of questions:
Does TeXmacs have a Set base class?
Is this part of the code (for selecting printing ranges) in Scheme or
C++?.

regards, á.

--
Álvaro Tejero Cantero