Re: [Texmacs-dev] 1.0.2.8 issues under cygwin

From: Andreas Seidl
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] 1.0.2.8 issues under cygwin
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:22:26 +0100 (CET)

> Can you try to localize this bug a bit more precisely
> (texmacs --debug-all and gdb)?

as for the crash of 1.0.2.5 when calling a plugin (reduce for me, maxima
for somebody else) i tried the following without getting much information:

$ ./configure --enable-debug
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking whether GNU C++ compiler is default... yes
checking version of gcc... 3.2
checking version of g++... 3.2
checking for C++-compatible X header files... yes
checking for Guile... yes
checking version of guile... 1.6.4
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... no
checking for shmat in -lipc... no
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for dlopen... yes
checking for dlopen in -ldl... no
checking for dld_link in -ldld... no
checking for shl_load... no
checking for dlopen... (cached) yes
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking iconv.h usability... yes
checking iconv.h presence... yes
checking for iconv.h... yes
checking for iconv... no
checking for iconv in -liconv... yes
checking ft2build.h usability... yes
checking ft2build.h presence... yes
checking for ft2build.h... yes
checking for freetype... yes
checking for gettimeofday... yes
checking whether ... arguments behave correctly... no
checking the size_t of guile strings... size_t
checking if compiler supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking if statically linking with guile work... "yes"
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
final setup for cygwin
configure: WARNING: using g++ 3.*, optimize without inline by default
enabling debugging, -ggdb
disabling optimizations
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/common.makefile
config.status: creating src/System/tm_configure.hpp
config.status: creating misc/admin/admin.makefile
config.status: creating misc/doxygen/Doxyfile
config.status: creating misc/man/texmacs.1
config.status: creating misc/rpm/TeXmacs.spec
config.status: creating misc/scripts/fig2ps
config.status: creating misc/scripts/texmacs
config.status: creating TeXmacs/examples/plugins/dynlink/Makefile

make

make install

export TEXMACS_PATH=/usr/local/share/TeXmacs
export TEXMACS_BIN_PATH=/usr/local/libexec/TeXmacs
PATH="$TEXMACS_BIN_PATH/bin:$PATH"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$TEXMACS_BIN_PATH/lib${LD_LIBRARY_PATH+":$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"}"
export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH
gdb texmacs.bin
GNU gdb 2003-09-20-cvs (cygwin-special)
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/texmacs.bin

TeXmacs] Loading ecrm11 at 300 dpi

Fatal error: bad url in 'complete'
See file   : url.cpp

Program exited with code 01.