[Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] keymaps II

From: Enrique Perez-Terron
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] keymaps II
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:13:57 +0100

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 14:32, David Allouche wrote:

> > But texmacs inserts some other characters (something like z + "check"), so
> > no luck here :(
>
> You have been bitten by incompatible encodings. INSERT-STRING expects a
> string in the Cork encoding (used internally by TeXmacs).

If I cut and paste the z with caron/hachek from TeXmacs into another
application (like the mail user agent), I get º (masculine). Similarly,
lowercase crossed ell gives ª (ordfeminine).

May I suggest that for locales supporting Unicode, the cut/paste
operations translate to/from Unicode whenever equivalent code positions
exist?

Regards,
Enrique