[Texmacs-dev] Cycling between equation and math

From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Cycling between equation and math
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:34:21 +0100

Hello,

I want to be able to convert an equation from inline to display through the mechanism of variants.

The problem is that unless I use

<with|mode|math|the equation goes here>

instead of

<math|theequationgoeshere>

as the variant, when changing from one type of environment to the other I am unable to put the inline version in a line with other text (i.e., the preceding paragraph).

Thus I am led to define a

<assign|mymath|<macro|themath|<with|mode|math|themath>>>>

macro to wrap the <with|mode|math|  > construct.

I don't like creating such custom math environments, because I have to rebind keys and are unsure about possible latex export glitches.

Do you have an idea for getting a easy way to change a display equation into an inline one?

Should I create a wishlist item in Savannah?

'Alvaro.

PS. is the buglist current? It seems to me that some open bugs have are now gone.