RE: [Texmacs-dev] \left( and \right) conversions from LaTeX

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: RE: [Texmacs-dev] \left( and \right) conversions from LaTeX
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:30:53 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Page, Bill wrote:
> Attached are two files. One is LaTeX generated by Axiom and
> the line-breaker filter interface (TeXmacs communication
> protocol mark-up removed and wrapped in standard LaTeX
> document preamble. It compiles nicely in LaTeX to a pdf file
> (I can it too if you like).
>
> The other is a TeXmacs document containing the imported LaTeX
> (also looks real nice!) and then exactly the same thing as
> an Axiom session with the same interface with line-breaker
> filter, showing the tags displayed instead of actual parenthesis.

When using Axiom from within TeXmacs, you clearly forgot to put
the formula inside a pair of dollars in your interface code.
The current output is in text mode.

By the way, you will have another big disadvange when using your
line-breaking code: it will become impossible to copy and paste
part of the output back into TeXmacs.

I am not convinced either that your way of representing fractions
is really more readable. I would rather opt for the / notation
for large fractions. In that case, the standard TeXmacs line-breaking
code will do the job for you.