Re: [Texmacs-dev] urls in bibtex

From: Lionel Elie Mamane
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] urls in bibtex
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:06:33 +0100

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 09:08:53PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Bas Spitters wrote:

>> It seems that an easy approximation would be to let \url act as
>> \verb.

I'd like to point out that it is an approximation; the LaTeX \url also
affects line-breaking, so that it happens at places and in a manner
that doesn't make the URL ambiguous. It would rock to have the same in
TeXmacs, independently of the particular Bas was presenting here.

>> Can anyone tell me where the conversion of the latex \verb command
>> is defined in the texmacs sources?

I have not understood the following quoted paragraph. Could you please
enlighten me?

> You probably rather would like to directly export "url" as "verb".

Your use of "export" suggests you speak about the TeXmacs -> LaTeX
direction; and then I'm lost. AFAIK there is no "url" construct in
TeXmacs (no hybrid command with that name, at least).

If you speak about the LaTeX -> TeXmacs direction, do you mean "get
the import code to treat \url exactly as it treats \verb" (modulo
block delimiter issues)?

> See TeXmacs/progs/convert/latex/tmtex.scm

You did something that was supposed to do that in
src/Data/Convert/Tex/parsetex.cpp, right?

> It is hard to create macros in TeX/LaTeX which deal with verbatim text.
> You may try \newcommand{\url}{\verb} though

What does this have to do with what comes before?

> (see TeXmacs/progs/convert/latex/tmtex-preamble.scm)

This is about the TeXmacs -> LaTeX direction; I'm lost again.

--
Lionel