[Texmacs-dev] Re: improved Reduce interface, needs GO

From: Andreas Seidl
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: improved Reduce interface, needs GO
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:54:57 +0100 (CET)

1. Reduce-3.8 (for Linux) contains tmprint.b, but does not contain the
source from which it was produced.

Last summer I suggested to Winfried Neun that the new Reduce version could be "TeXmacs-ready", i.e. load tmprint if the variable $TEXMACS_REDUCE_PATH is set. The version installed by our system administrator does not contain this feature, however, so I am in a process of finding out what happens.

Try to execute the following in a bash, and please tell me if it works:

----- begin ------
mkdir -p /tmp/tmprint
cd /tmp/tmprint
wget http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/public/bin/tmprint.b
cd $HOME
mv .reducerc .reducerc-`date "+%Y%M%d-%T"`
cat > .reducerc <<EOF
lisp <<
   % ...
   loaddirectories!* := nconc({"","/tmp/tmprint/"},loaddirectories!*);
   if getenv("TEXMACS_REDUCE_PATH") then load tmprint$
   % ...
$
end;
%
EOF
----- end -----

It seems that the new source tmprint.red is not compatible with
Reduce-3.8. Is this so?

This cannot be so. Yet another possibility is, that Redfront, which is loaded automatically awith Reduce 3.8 is the problem.

From what source has tmprint.b in the distribution
been generated, and why isn't this source included in the Reduce
distribution?

Winfried Neun knows this.

Best Regards,
Andreas