[Texmacs-dev] Re: [Maxima] New TeXmacs-maxima interface

From: Andrey G. Grozin
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: [Maxima] New TeXmacs-maxima interface
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:42:40 +0600 (NOVT)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Raymond Toy wrote:
> But this begs the question of what tex() is supposed to do.  As a
> plain, simple, command-line user, I would want tex() to do what I
> would do by hand.  So f(x)^2 would be f^2(x) and sin(x) is \sin x,
> because that's the typical notation I would use to put into a tex
> document.
These redefinitions are in the file texmacs-maxyma-5.9.2.lisp. As a
command-line user, you will newer see them.

Those who use maxima via TeXmacs see *only* formulae rendered by TeXmacs
from tex(). And what they see must be unambiguous. Therefore, some aspects
of tex() are redefined by the TeXmacs interface; this does not influence
all the rest.

Andrey