[Texmacs-dev] LaTeX conversion

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] LaTeX conversion
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:29:07 +0100

Hi *,

The TeXmacs -> LaTeX converter should be almost 100% reliable now
in the sense that the generated file should always compile.
I am interested in remaining bugs.

The converter cannot be 100% reliable, because of major problems and
inconsistencies in the TeX/LaTeX "format". However, I try to implement
hacks which avoid these problems for all common situations.

So, starting with the current CVS version and the next release 1.0.5.12,
please let me know about any export problems, by sending a TeXmacs file
whose LaTeX export does not compile (assuming the default preferences).

TeXmacs does *not* attempt to correctly export features which are
missing in LaTeX, of course. Also, a few constructs, like certain
table and style properties, are not exported correctly.

Best wishes, Joris