Re: [Texmacs-dev] Either revive or deactivate bug-, suggestion and patch

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Either revive or deactivate bug-, suggestion and patch-tracker at Savannah?
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:38:54 +0100

Thanks for your quick reply!

Sorry for the wrong accusation: taking a closer look, the bugtracker
actually is very active.

The actual problem seems to be, that the link given on
    http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/contact/bugs.en.html
contains a large number of options which results in an odd selection of
19 old bugs. Not having done any further investigation, that gave me the
impression of a dead collection of old bugs.

A better link to give at that page would be

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=texmacs&func=browse&set=open&order=date

Furthermore, I would suggest, taking the <address@hidden> address from
the "contacts" page and instead mention it at the "bugs" page as a last
resort (for those who prefer email to the bugtracker).

Finally, I would suggest to set the "Status" field of old bugs to
something more informative. This is the simplest way to show any visitor
that bugs are not simply ignored.

Greetings,
Norbert