Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: #!/bin/bash in TeXmacs

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: #!/bin/bash in TeXmacs
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 18:19:15 +0100

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

>I am not sure that we don't use any bash extensions somewhere.

On Debian/Ubuntu, one nice way to check this, is to install 'dash' as
the /bin/sh. It is a slim POSIX-compliant shell that may even speed up
scripts.

>>Why did they ask you to change it to /bin/bash?
>>

>Because it did not work on some systems. I will have to dig up my email for
>this;
>you may search the mailing list archives too...

This would be very interesting. I guess, the scripts would simply use
some bashianism. Changing the headline is the cheap way out, but for
portability, the scripts should really run with /bin/sh