[Texmacs-dev] ERROR: In procedure make-struct-layout

From: Andreas Seidl
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] ERROR: In procedure make-struct-layout
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:05:03 +0100 (CET)

When building the Cygwin package I encounter the following error during configure:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking whether GNU C++ compiler is default... yes
checking version of gcc... 3.4.4
checking version of g++... 3.4.4
checking for Guile... ERROR: In procedure make-struct-layout:
ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting STRINGP): pw
configure: cannot find guile-config; is Guile installed?

Looking into the configure script, the following lines are responsible:

## The GUILE_FLAGS macro.
  ## First, let's just see if we can find Guile at all.
  echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking for Guile" >&5
echo $ECHO_N "checking for Guile... $ECHO_C" >&6
  guile-config link > /dev/null || {
    echo "configure: cannot find guile-config; is Guile installed?" 1>&2
    exit 1
  }

guile-config exhibits the following strage behavior:

# In my home directory
$ guile-config --version
guile-config - Guile version 1.6.7

$ cd /tmp/TeXmacs-1.0.5.10

$ guile-config --version
ERROR: In procedure make-struct-layout:
ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting STRINGP): pw

I'm really puzzled about this one. Any clues?

Best Regards

Andreas
--
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl