[Texmacs-dev] Re: extern-exec and "further customization"

From: Lionel Elie Mamane
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: extern-exec and "further customization"
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 22:08:52 +0100

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 01:05:41PM +0100, Henri Lesourd wrote:
> Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 10:33:05PM +0100, Henri Lesourd wrote:

>> TeXmacs seems not to call plugin-eval itself when the user types
>> something in a field and "enter", so this fails to achieve the
>> desired result;

> You are right...

> OK. Instead, another solution (that works) is to directly
> hook the "enter" key, then.

Ugh. Thanks for thex explanation, but I think I want to avoid this
one.

>> - Suggestion by Joris: There is already a complete preprocessing
>>   system available. Use it!

>>  It first sight, it seems like I'll have to use the complete
>>  (:serializer ,routine) option:

> If you can do it using the default serializer / default mechanism
> for sessions, it is better. There is probably a way to redefine the
> serializer in order to go into a Scheme routine that allows you to
> freely pre/post process the data in and out of a CLI plugin (if not,
> this would clearly be a missing feature).

Pre-process data in, yes. Post-precess data out, no. I think that all
I need is the preprocessing bit, so I'll be OK. I succeeded in
installing my own serializer for my plugin that prepends an arbitrary
string to the output of the default serializer, so conceptually, I'm
good.

Thanks Henri and Joris for all your help. I'll keep you informed when
the results are visible :)

--
Lionel