[Texmacs-dev] Format conversion using an external shell command

From: Lionel Elie Mamane
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Format conversion using an external shell command
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:55:19 +0100

 (converter MyFormat-snippet scheme-snippet
    (:shell myConverter from to))

converters work _at_ _all_? I'm trying to add one, and to use it to
"paste from MyFormat" but the conversion process just blindly calls
url-concretize on the _string_ gotten from the clipboard, which
produces... "xxx" and the error message:

 TeXmacs] couldn't concretize CONTENTS_OF_CLIPBOARD

or if the contents of the clipboard happens to be a filename, it asks
my converter to convert the _contents_ of that file to TeXmacs
format...

In short, it considers the content of the clipboard as a filename
instead of the data to be converted itself.

I just wanted to check whether this is indeed a bug or if it is me
that is misunderstanding how this is supposed to work and have
declared my converter the wrong way.

--
Lionel