Re: [Texmacs-dev] Patch: Guile-1.8.1 problem solved!

From: Josef Weidendorfer
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Patch: Guile-1.8.1 problem solved!
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 16:36:10 +0100

On Friday 08 December 2006 16:20, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> Hi Norbert,
>
> On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 01:05:54PM +0100, Norbert Nemec wrote:
> > I solved the problem with linking to the latest versions of guile:
>
> Congratulations; this takes a nail out of my feet ;^)

Dito.

Yesterday I upgraded my laptop to OpenSuse 10.2.
They deliver both texmacs and Guile-1.8.1 from CD/DVD.

Needless to say that texmacs therefore simply crashes on start.
I wonder how Novell is testing their distributions. At least
they should have noted that texmacs crashes all the time.

I thought I am clever, and I edited texmacs.bin with emacs, and
replaced in the string table scm_to_int32 into scm_to_int22.
Now the texmacs windows comes up with tons of scheme errors,
still rendering the app useless.

Compiling from source helps.

Cheers,
Josef