Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs orphaned in Debian/Ubuntu

From: Corey Sweeney
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs orphaned in Debian/Ubuntu
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:42:04 -0600

My bad.  I guess I was out of the loop. It appears that layman is much cooler then gensync, and that gentooscience is already registered with layman. Thanks for the tip.

The texmacs install instructions via the layman method are:

FIRST TIME INSTALL:
type: emerge layman
type: layman -a science

add the line:
    source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf
  to the file /etc/make.conf

add the line:
    app-office/texmacs ~x86
  to the file /etc/portage/packages.keywords

type:  emerge texmacs

AFTER HAVING DONE THE ABOVE ONCE, UPDATE TEXMACS ANYTIME BY:
type: layman -s science
type: emerge texmacs

Using svn directly is possible too,  I just like to give people (and have for myself) a standardized way to access all thier overlays, instead of having a add-hock method for accessing each one ;)

Corey

On 1/20/07, Andrey G. Grozin <address@hidden > wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Corey Sweeney wrote:
> I took at look at your overlay.  Do you know about gensync in
> gentoolkit-dev?  By setting up a /etc/gensync/gentooscience.syncsource
> file, it allows people to download overlays with just a "gensync
> gentooscience".  However, i'm not sure if it supports svn, as I've
> only seen configurations for rsync systems.  (otherwize i'd be posting
> the config file right now).
>
> Anyway, that may be more convient instructions to post to the texmacs web.
This is not *my* overlay, it is being developed by a group of people.
By the way, I have just committed texmacs-1.0.6.8.ebuild.

I heard people use app-portage/layman to add overlays (including this one)
to their portage trees. I haven't tried this, I just say

svn update

Is it very difficult?

Andrey